1989 - 1991
The Company began its operation; the first production plant was opened. Initially, it developed on the local market. Due to creating innovative and optimal systems of furniture, shelving racks and equipment together with the increasing demand, it ideally filled the niche.
- The Company operated in the whole of Poland.
- A joint-stock company was created, with its full name WIKO COMPANY S.A.
- The rapid development became determinant of further, international expansion. Noticing the potential of Eastern markets, WIKO COMPANY S.A. began sale of its products in Russia.
- In this period, many changes were introduced; modernisations and investments were conducted in order to create a professional international company providing top quality services.
The result of the company's development on Eastern markets was an investment which caused the establishment of the first foreign department in Krimienna - WIKO Ukraine.
The Company's Board of Directors made a decision about further improvement of quality. It resulted in obtaining the Certificate of Quality Management System ISO 9001:1994, issued by Lloyd's Quality Assurance Register.
About 30% of the production was exported to Western Europe markets - France, Great Britain, and Germany.
WIKO Company S.A. attained the next level of quality. It resulted in obtaining the Certificate of Quality Management System ISO 9001:2000, issued by Lloyd's Quality Assurance Register.
- Export to Western Europe doubled, achieving 60% of the production value.
- WIKO Company S.A. attained the next level of quality. It resulted in obtaining the Certificate of Quality Management System ISO 9001:2000, issued by Lloyd’s Quality Assurance Register.
- Opening the new office and moving the headquarters to Stare Babice (5 km from Warsaw).
2005 - 2007
New investments were carried out, aimed at the expansion of the machinery stock in metal and panels departments. The company modernized its machinery stock with new CNC processing centres.
- Broader cooperation with outside co-operators was begun, owing to which our offer was enriched with furniture made from solid surface, stainless steel. This innovation allowed the company to enter a new market segment and increase the attractiveness of its offer.
- In 2007 a second production plant in Sievierodonetsk was purchased. Both plants are located 30 km from each other, and near Donetsk, which is favourable for the logistics and the services provided. As a result of this synergy, WIKO successfully met the needs of the Eastern European market by selling its products to CIS countries and consolidating its market position on the markets of Ukraine, Kazakhstan and Russia.
WIKO Company S.A. maintained and improved its Quality Management System ISO 9001"2008. which resulted in another Certificate of Quality Management System issued by Lloyd's Quality Assurance Register Limited.
Our actions are determined by rapid development of the Polish and world economies and we keep up with their constant changes and are able to create the latest trends, which allows our clients always be one step ahead of the competition.